PDR Training courses are popping up around the country as more people find out about the PDR industry particularly panel beaters. However, research suggests that although panel beaters are the obvious personnel that would be attracted to the paintless dent removal industry, anyone can attempt to do such courses so long as they have the following traits:
- good eye sight - essential to see the minute details of the dents
- patience - if you keep going and see the long term changes, you will get there
- perseverance - no matter what obstacles, a pdr trainee must keep trying until they get it
- listening skills - have an open mind no matter what your background - listen to what the PDR technicians is trying to say and you will go a long way with an open mind
- love for detail - those that are very careful for detail with produce top quality work so long as they have the patience and acceptance it will take some time to get to that point.
If you have these qualities, then give this industry a go. Even those PDR technicians that don't get involved with a hail repair business and remain local can still make the money required.
Don't expect any business to happen over night - it may take 2 years for opportunities and work to come flowing your way. Don't give up - try different things, and don't walk away even if you were turned away. Go back and show that you are up there for the job.