Want to enrol in our PDR Training course!
Paintless Dent Removal (also known as Paintless Dent Repair) is a revolutionary process whereby specialised technicians push (or pull) dents using specific equipment designed for this process. Increasingly, insurance companies are adopting this process as a standard part of their quotation process. This is clearly because paintless dent repair: –
– is more cost-efficient (reduced pricing in comparison to conventional panel beating process)
– is cleaner since it does not require re-spraying of the vehicle or specific panels
– quicker – only day(s) are required to completed the process and hand the vehicle back to the customer
– does not require months of waiting for bookings for suctomers to get their vehicles repaired
– far more environmentally friendly in that little if any chemicals are required to be used
History of Paintless Dent Removal
It seems that the history of paintless dent removal date back to the 1940′s era. At this time, specialist workers at the companies of BMW and Mercedes Benz attempted to remove dents to avoid repainting of whole cars assisting in increased efficiency in rolling out more vehicles. Early tools used amongst these skilled innovative workers were the common table spoon!
Eventually, the practice of this type of repair spread through Europe and then other industrialised nations particularly in the last 20 to 30 years. With the spread and popular demand for paintless dent repairs have come more sophisticated tools and techniques that allow PDR technicians to achieve much more without the requirements of respraying.
It is now standard procedure amongst most of the insurance companies to have paintless dent removal assessments and quotations in the claim process. Enrol in our PDR Training course!